The Tourism Board
In the Service of the Filipino Tourism and Hospitality Professionals
We are a tripartite body composed of private organizations and institutions, the labor sector, and government agencies for the development of the country's tourism human resource capital.
We envision highly professional education, training, research & development institutions that are responsive to the competency needs and workforce requirements of the tourism industry by 2025.
To converge government, industry, education and training sectors in facilitating tourism human resource development.
- Industrial training and manpower development should be industry led as they are the direct beneficiaries of training and manpower development
- Government shall serve as catalyst support in putting forces together to fast track manpower development and initiating skills training in communities/associations through the provision of incentives.
Establish and develop networks and linkages with relevant stakeholders to align "Conduct research on issues affecting Tourism Human Resource Development in different sectors"
To help develop an adequate supply of competent tourism professionals.
Key Result Areas:
- Reduction in "hard to fill positions"*
- Prepared to fill emerging jobs *
- Filipino tourism professional is the most preferred **
- Number or percentage of enrolled, graduates, assessed, certified and employed tourism professionals *** (EGACE)
- Number or % registered in the ATPRS
- Number or % in community based tourism enterprises
- Meeting Standards
- * LMI of DOLE = baseline
- ** POEA
- *** EGACE c/o TESDA